What would you like to read about? Pick one of our topics.
Nature’s treasures transformed for you.
‘Nature’s treasures transformed for you’ – this has been WALA Heilmittel GmbH’s guiding principle ever since the company was founded back in 1935. By harnessing the rhythms of polarities such as warmth and cold, light and darkness or movement and rest, the company creates healthcare products based on natural substances that, wherever possible, are obtained from organic sources and under fair conditions. Today, the foundation-owned company exports WALA Medicines, Dr. Hauschka Skin Care und Dr.Hauschka Med products to 40 countries.
Erster Grundansatz 1939
Dr. Rudolf Hauschka 1960
Dr. Rudolf Hauschka im Heilpflanzengarten
Ernst Selinger arbeitete von 1975 – 2011 im Pflanzenlabor der WALA Heilmittel GmbH
Mit ihrem Motorrad fuhr Elisabeth Sigmund zu Klosterbibliotheken außerhalb Wiens, wo sie umfangreiches Heilpflanzenwissen fand.
Zu Beginn rührte Elisabeth Sigmund für jede Kundin eine ganz individuelle Creme an, später entwickelte sie ein festes Grundsortiment; 1950er Jahre
- founded in 1935 in Ludwigsburg by Dr. Rudolf Hauschka
- company location at present: Bad Boll/Eckwälden near Stuttgart
- foundation-owned company since 1986 (WALA Foundation)
- more than 1.000 employees
- develops and manufactures two brands of products designed to address the whole person
- exports to 40 countries on all continents
- WALA Medicines since 1935: approx. 900 different remedies conforming to the anthroposophic understanding of man and nature
- Dr. Hauschka Skin Care since 1967: truly 100% natural cosmetics and/or organic cosmetics, certified to NATRUE standard with more than 170 different products for facial care and body care as well as a range of Make-up
- biodynamic WALA medicinal herb garden, Demeter certified
- supports biodynamic farming projects throughout the world
- has developed an original rhythmic manufacturing process to obtain aqueous plant extracts which remain stable without the use of alcohol – the fundamental concept behind our production
- important manufacturing steps performed manually, with attentive awareness and gentle treatment of the raw materials
- special manual potentising process
- active in environmental protection, for example EMAS (eco-management and audit scheme) certification, environmental management system, hydroelectric power
- social commitment, for example to families‘ and women’s needs, profit-linked bonus schemes
Please read more about our principles for our everyday conduct in our Code of Conduct.
Please read more about environmental protection at WALA in our Environmental Statement.